Below are scholarship opportunities with deadlines coming up in March:
- (3/1 deadline) 2023 Foundation 649 Scholarship (AAPI/SENIORS)
2023 SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY PROMPT
Describe how your community uniquely contributes to the broader AAPI experience.
The Foundation 649 Scholarship is a grant of $4,000 over the course of 4 years that can be applied to college tuition and expenses. To maintain eligibility each year, there will be a brief check-in and renewal process at the end of each school year.
- Five recipients will be selected
- Each recipient will receive an award of $4,000 USD spread over 4 years
- The award must be renewed each year to receive successive funds (details to come)
- Application deadline is March 1, 2023
- 10 entrants will be selected as finalists for video call interviews by March 31, 2023
- Recipients are announced by April 15, 2023
- Be a degree-seeking, full-time student enrolling in a U.S. accredited university in Fall 2023 as a Freshman or transferring from a community college
- Identify as Asian American / Pacific Islander
- Have a track record of involvement and interest in AAPI communities, issues, or causes
- Have demonstrated financial need for the scholarship
- Be a US citizen, resident or foreign national
ApplicationThe application consists of a questionnaire and a short essay (1000 word maximum). Creativity is welcome – alternate media will also be accepted in place of the essay if the applicant chooses (e.g. film, photography, etc.). If you are selected as a recipient, with your permission, we plan to share your submission with our audiences.
In addition, applicants should provide the FAFSA SAR (student aid report) that show their EFC (expected family contribution). If you are unable to provide this document, please provide substitute documentation and elaborate in the financial aid section.
- (3/1 deadline) Kinecta Youth Scholarships (SENIORS)
KINECTA IS PROUD TO SPONSOR YOUTH SCHOLARSHIPS FOR OUTSTANDING STUDENTS. INNOVISION SOCIETY, A PARTNER OF KINECTA, IS PROUD TO SPONSOR TEACHING GRANTS FOR EDUCATORS IN OUR COMMUNITIES.
WE SUPPORT ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE IN OUR COMMUNITIES BY HELPING STUDENTS AND TEACHERS ACHIEVE THEIR GOALS, OFFERING:
- $2,000 SCHOLARSHIPS TO ASSIST STUDENTS IN MAKING THEIR DREAM OF HIGHER EDUCATION A REALITY.
- $2,000 TEACHING GRANTS FOR PRE-K THROUGH 12TH GRADE TEACHERS TO PURCHASE CLASSROOM SUPPLIES OR TO HELP FUND SPECIAL PROJECTS THAT WILL ENHANCE REGULAR CURRICULUM WITH CREATIVE ACTIVITIES.
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH THOSE WHO MAY BE INTERESTED IN KINECTA’S SCHOLARSHIP OR INNOVISION SOCIETY’S TEACHING GRANT PROGRAMS (KINECTA MEMBERSHIP NOT REQUIRED).
A KINECTA SCHOLARSHIP CAN HELP YOU ALONG YOUR JOURNEY TO A HIGHER EDUCATION, OR SUPPLEMENT YOUR CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION WITH AN INNOVISION SOCIETY TEACHING GRANT.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, ELIGIBILITY RULES, AND TO APPLY ONLINE CLICK BELOW.
- (3/10 deadline) Sacramento Region Community Foundation Scholarships (SENIORS AND JUNIORS)
In 2022, the Foundation awarded over $900,000 in scholarships to more than 400 students. Our scholarship awards range from $500 to $10,000 and may be used for tuition, fees, and educational expenses at accredited academic colleges or universities and vocational training programs.Please review our scholarships grid to see open scholarships and publicize them with eligible students. For complete details on the opportunities—which each have their own unique eligibility criteria—please visit our website and share this link widely: www.sacregcf.org/students.
- (3/20 deadline) 2022-2023 Earl Woods Scholarship (SENIORS)TGR Foundation, A Tiger Woods Charity is excited to extend the opportunity and invite your high school seniors at Da Vinci Communications High School to apply for the 2023-2024 Earl Woods scholarship.The Earl Woods Scholar Program was created in 2006 to honor the vision and spirit of Earl Woods, Tiger’s father, and mentor, to continue his legacy of caring and sharing. The program goes far beyond financial assistance. Holding one of the highest graduation rates among scholarship programs in the country, our unique program is committed to ensuring every scholar is supported throughout their time in college and beyond. Once selected, our scholars receive continued guidance throughout college with mentorship, personal and professional development workshops, and internship placement assistance to ensure our scholars succeed and graduate with their bachelor’s degree.
The scholarship is open to graduating high school seniors, Class of 2023, in select schools in the Los Angeles area with a minimum 3.0 GPA that have plans to enroll full-time in an accredited four-year university in the United States in the upcoming academic year. Successful candidates will be selected on the basis of academic achievement, demonstrated financial need and a proven commitment to community service.
Our application is now online. Please share the attached document with students who you believe are eligible to apply for the scholarship. It provides a general overview of the scholar program, eligibility requirements and documents to gather prior to starting the application. Students will also find the link to the application and can click on “Apply Now” or use the QR code to apply. The application is due by March 20, 2023.
The application is not located on our website, so please ensure that you disseminate this information to eligible seniors only at your school site. Selected recipients will receive a scholarship of up to $5,000 (renewable for up to four years) and will be provided with holistic student support throughout their college career. Finalists will need to be available for an in-person interview in April 2023. Recipients will be announced in May.
- (3/24 deadline) PanHellenic Alumnae- South Bay Association Scholarship (SENIORS)
The Panhellenic Alumnae – South Bay Association is currently accepting applications for our Scholarship Awards for 2023-2024. The deadline to apply is Friday, March 24, 2023.
Scholarships shall be awarded annually to female graduates of high schools in the South Bay area who plan to attend a four-year institution where National Panhellenic Conference sororities (NPC) are established. The application is attached HERE and also available on our website.
- (3/31 deadline) The Wilfandel Club’s Scholarship (SENIORS)As the oldest African American Women’s Club in Los Angeles, The Wilfandel Club is dedicated to promoting education for young people in our community. For more information about our organization, please visit our website at wilfandelclub.com. Click on the following link for more information about the Scholarship: https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.wilfandelclub.com%2ffannie-w-scholarships&c=E,1,lGzs-6M8o-lWv8jsx7TqUEUCh1S3DZ4xJ8PGrptNM5s7_eRK6wqmpCYLEfqeTcsgE-CFQF2FUwKzuLCCZUFTJpkUm9jR8XIPHIGfQBT7UIfzeQJUTvlJyYRxKRY,&typo=1We would be grateful if you could inform your eligible students about the opportunity to apply for our scholarship, the Fannie Williams Scholarship. Our aim is to support African American students as they pursue higher education. Each year, a committee determines the number of scholarships to be awarded, the amount of each scholarship, and the recipients. In 2021, we awarded three (3) scholarships worth $3000 each. We donated a total of $12,000. Our GOAL (although not guaranteed at this time as we are still fundraising) this year is to award four (4) recipients of $5000 each. This amount may vary.Eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The student must be a current African American High School Senior.
- The student must plan to attend a four-year college or university.
- SAT and ACT scores are not required this year.
- The student must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
There are two parts to the scholarship application process.
Part One is due on March 31, 2023, and requires the following:
- A completed scholarship application form.
- A video response to four or five questions.
- Any essay from a different college application.
- The committee will notify applicants of their status by April 15th.
Part Two, due on May 15th, will only be required for applicants who are notified by the committee to proceed. This part of the application requires:
- An official transcript of grades (School Certification Completed)
- Two letters of recommendation.
Successful applicants will be notified by June 15, 2023. All recipients will be invited to attend our breakfast on June 25, 2023, where they will be presented to the membership and guests of the Wilfandel Club. They will be asked to say a short speech and will be able to bring two guests.
Please direct eligible students to the following links to submit their applications:
1. Scholarship Application Page w/Thank You Page
Url: https://www.wilfandelclub.com/scholarship-application2. School Certification Page w/Thank You Page